Discover the history, culture and dramatic landscapes of the Faroe Islands
Your Faroe Islands adventure starts the moment you step off the plane, with a sightseeing tour of some of the archipelago's most beautiful locations as you travel to your hotel in the capital, Torshavn.
Your action-packed itinerary includes a fishing tour, where you can have a go at bringing in your own catch for lunch, while keeping an eye out for puffins and razorbills overhead, and porpoises, seals, and whales in the water.
Experience Faroese hospitality and traditions first-hand with lunch at a local home, and a lesson in authentic Faroese fish-drying techniques.
These islands are loved for their rugged landscapes, and you'll get to see towering cliffs from the sea, as you sail into the enchanting fjord Trongisvágsfjørður, and from above, as you take a helicopter ride to the southernmost island of Suðuroy.
Throughout the trip, you'll be based at a four-star hotel in Torshavn, with one night in a local guesthouse on Suðuroy.
Reasons to book
- Return flights to Vagar airport, direct from Edinburgh, indirect from London Heathrow
- All transfers
- The services for a bilingual guide throughout
- Three nights' accommodation in a four-star hotel on Torshavn
- One nights' accommodation in a guesthouse on Suðuroy
- Breakfast each day at your hotel
- One lunch at at local home
- Helicopter ride from Torshavn to Suðuroy*
- Traditional Faroese cooking experience
- Fishing and dining tour
- Viking tour with a traditional fish drying lesson
- Sight-seeing tour
- Optional pre tour stay in Edinburgh, please call for details
Day1Arrive at Vagar airportVagar, Faroe Islands, Denmark
You'll arrive at Vagar airport today, where you will be met by your guide and transfer to Torshavn. On arrival in Torshavn, you will check into your four-star hotel and have some free time to relax and prepare for the days ahead. Or, if you're ready to start exploring, you can book an optional activity for your first day.
Day2Viking tourØravík, Suðuroy, Faroe Islands
After breakfast at the hotel, get ready for an unforgettable helicopter ride to the southernmost Faroe island, Suðuroy. Marvel at the rugged beauty of the islands below and see the Faroe Islands from a completely different perspective.**
You'll also get a lesson in how to make dried fish, a traditional speciality of the Faroe Islands.
At the end of a busy day's exploring, you'll check into a cosy guesthouse and spend the night on Suðuroy.
Day3TorshavnThorshavn, Faroe Islands
After breakfast, you'll enjoy a ferry ride back to the capital, Torshavn.
The sailing time is around two hours and the trip is an experience on its own. On your way, you pass by several of the Faroe islands, giving you the opportunity to soak in spectacular views and enjoy the fresh sea breeze and the rich birdlife surrounding the islands.
Once you arrive in Torshavn you have the rest of the day at your leisure. Explore the quaint capital, have a bite to eat at one of the many amazing restaurants, or grab a tasty beer at the up-and-coming craft beer bars.
Day4Fishing tourThorshavn, Faroe Islands
Fishing is a key part of life on the Faroe Islands, and today you'll get to try it for yourself. Surrounded by dramatic landscapes you'll cast your fishing line and see what you catch.
After your fishing trip, you'll be invited to a local village home where they will cook your catch of the day and you will dine together in their home. After your meal, your host will take you to visit some interesting locations in the village before you return to your hotel, where you'll have the rest of the evening free.
Day5DepartureVagar, Faroe Islands, Denmark
After a final breakfast at the hotel, you will go for a scenic drive and sightseeing tour on the way to the airport, where your Faroe Islands adventure draws to an end. You'll be transported back to Vagar Airport in time for your flight back home.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £235. Deposit 30%. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. **In the event of bad weather, you will have to catch the ferry back instead of your helicopter ride. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, expert(s) may be substituted, and any expert-led events may be subject to change. Expert(s) will not join you for your full trip duration unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is not included and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd (ATOL bonded).