Visit London’s royal palaces and meet Dr Tracy Borman
On this special tour, you'll learn all about London's magnificent royal palaces from Tudor historian Dr Tracy Borman, who'll give an illuminating talk, providing expert commentary on the historic buildings you're soon to see.
Start your adventure with a guided tour of Westminster Abbey, the traditional place of coronation and burial site for English monarchs, where King Charles III was crowned.
You'll also enjoy tours of the Tower of London, where you'll see the Crown Jewels, Kensington Palace, where you'll go on a guided tour of the Queen's State Apartments and the lavish King's Apartments, and Hampton Court Palace, where you'll enjoy wandering around the vast, manicured gardens.
Last but not least is a visit to Windsor Castle, where you'll get a private tour and enjoy a glass of sparkling English wine.
You'll be based at the excellent five-star Royal Horseguards Hotel on the banks of the Thames throughout the trip, where you'll enjoy breakfast each morning.
Reasons to book
The Tower of London
Hampton Court Palace
Events with Dr Tracy Borman
You'll be joined by
- Three nights at the five-star Royal Horseguards Hotel on a B&B basis
- Talk from Tracy Borman at Hampton Court Palace
- Guided tour of Westminster Abbey
- Dinner with wine at The Royal Horseguards Hotel
- English Afternoon Tea in Windsor
- Tour the Tower of London
- Guided tour of Hampton Court Palace
- Guided tour of the Queen's State Apartments and the lavish King's Apartments Rooms at Kensington Palace
- See the exhibition " Victoria: Royal Childhood" and some of the finest paintings from the Royal Collection on display at Kensington Palace
- Private Guided Tour of Windsor Castle to include a guidebook and a glass of sparkling English wine
- Tour Manager throughout
- Exec coach or mini coach depending on group size
Royal Horseguards Hotel
Royal Horseguards Hotel
This information is indicative and subject to change*
Day1Westminster Abbey and National GalleryCity of Westminster, United Kingdom
After making your own way to The Royal Horseguards Hotel at Embankment this morning, you'll drop your bags with the concierge and meet your group to depart by coach to Westminster Abbey, where you'll enjoy a guided tour.
After your tour concludes, you'll walk from Westminster Abbey to The National Gallery, where you'll have a short introductory talk followed by free time to explore the gallery at your own pace.
This evening there will be a dinner with wine.
Day2Tower of London and Hampton Court PalaceHampton Court Palace, United Kingdom
Today you'll head out on an insightful tour of The Tower of London. See the Crown Jewels and discover the history of the tower from its early years as a formidable fortress and prison for Royal Kings, including Charles I and James II.
Marvel at the guards and sentries posted outside the Jewel House and Kings House. You'll also see St John's Chapel, built as a place of worship for William the Conqueror and later for medieval kings and queens, is a unique example of early Anglo-Norman ecclesiastical architecture.
After your tour of the Tower of London, you'll be driven to Hampton Court Palace in southwest London where you will hear a talk by Dr Tracy Borman. Following the talk you will go on another guided tour, showing you the beautiful state apartments and private rooms of William and Mary to the masterpieces by Rembrandt, Caravaggio, and Van Dyck in the Cumberland Art Gallery.
You'll also stop by at the Chapel Royal, where you can see Ann Boleyn's "Book of Hours", and Chapel Court in the Tudor Pleasure Grounds. Henry Vlll's crown is on display in the State Apartments, and you can gain a fascinating insight into Tudor feasting and festivities in Henry Vlll's kitchens.
There'll also be time to explore the extensive manicured gardens at the palace, which are fabulous during spring, with over a million flowering bulbs creating a riot of colour in The Wilderness Garden.
This evening you'll return to the hotel and can spend the evening at your leisure.
Day3Kensington Palace and Windsor CastleWindsor, United Kingdom
After breakfast at your hotel today, set off to Kensington Palace, where you'll enjoy a guided tour of the Queen's State Apartments and the lavish King's Apartments Rooms.
While here, you'll get the chance to see the excellent exhibition "Victoria: Royal Childhood" and some of the finest paintings from the Royal Collection on display, as well as gems commissioned by Prince Albert for Queen Victoria In the jewel room.
After some free time for lunch (not included) you'll continue to the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. The town of Windsor is dominated by Windsor Castle - the largest and oldest inhabited castle in the world and an official residence of His Majesty The King. Founded by William the Conqueror in the 11th century this impressive castle has been home to 40 monarchs.
You'll begin your exploration of Windsor Castle with a visit St George's Chapel and Queen Mary's Dolls House before enjoying afternoon tea at one of Windsor's prestigious hotels.
After eating, you'll return to Windsor Castle for an illuminating guided tour, which will include a guidebook and a glass of sparkling English wine as you discover the secrets of this enormous royal residence.
Day4DepatureWestminster, United Kingdom
Today you'll check out of your hotel, perhaps taking some time to enjoy your central London surroundings before making your journey home.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £599. Deposit applies. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. Not suitable for those with mobility issues. Offers are not valid in conjunction with any other offers or promotions. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, expert(s) may be substituted, and any expert-led events may be subject to change. Expert(s) will not join you for your full trip duration unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is not included and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd.